CULTIVATING AN INCLUSIVE CULTURE OF TALENTED LEADERS AND MANAGERS
Talent matters. For any nonprofit to successfully deliver transformational results during this unprecedented time of change, its entire diverse workforce – paid and volunteer – must elevate their performance. Investing in an inclusive talent development program to optimize the full potential of all personnel and grow organizational capacity must be a strategic priority for nonprofits and donors alike.
In Applied Wisdom for the Nonprofit Sector (Second Edition) Jim Morgan, a revered Silicon Valley high-tech executive, philanthropic leader and co-founder of a nonprofit collaborative, shares his profound leadership insights and management principles proven to be effective in business, nonprofit and philanthropic contexts. Anyone can learn and practice them to be a better leader and manager regardless of their title, position, training or tenure.
The Applied Wisdom content on this website (also available in a concise booklet) offers you:
A collection of practical tools to help implement an Applied Wisdom learning program, empowering all levels of your diverse staff and board and instilling new behaviors and practices.
Who will gain value from Applied Wisdom for the Nonprofit Sector?
DIRECT SERVICE NONPROFITS & ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- Chief Executive
- Staff Team Members
- Board Members
SECTOR CAPACITY BUILDERS
- Leadership Development programs (including service organizations)
- Nonprofit Intermediaries (consultants, training firms, coaches, nonprofit membership associations, fiscal sponsors)
- Philanthropy-Serving Organizations
(regional grantmaking association, affinity group, etc.)
- Academic institutions operating a nonprofit, philanthropy and/or social entrepreneurship program
- Executive Search firms
DONOR & ADVISORS
- Individual Donors/Giving Circle Members
- Institutional Philanthropies
(any type of grantmaking entity)
- Donor Advised Fund Sponsor Organizations (Community Foundation, Nonprofit or Commercial firm)
- Wealth Advisors, Financial and Estate Planners